Most if not all industries have a storeroom to keep parts of their equipment they need from time to time but not all these industries have the knowledge or know how to manage their storeroom and spare parts. In fact, the Storeroom and Spare Parts is one of the functions on where maintenance can save on cost and almost every industry have a horrible story to tell on their storeroom that they have experience. With the absence of a sound strategy on spare parts most of us rely on vendor on what to stock which end up as non-moving most of the time.
Salvo Global’s MRO Spare Parts Optimization & Inventory Cost Reduction course will help attendees learn proven strategies on how they can improve and optimize their spare parts and storeroom. This might be the missing link in improving your reliability and maintenance strategy.
The training focuses on 6 main themes to support cost reduction:
- Improving Processes & Procedures
- Improving Master Data Quality from vendors
- Achieving consistent & effective Cataloguing
- Achieving Spares Standardising & Rationalisation (standardising, removing duplicates, identifying OPMs, removing unwanted items)
- Reliability Principles that impact spares usage
- Conducting Spares Optimisation (right replenishment strategy and the right stock control levels)
- Developing KPIs at line item level
There are very few courses conducted that deal with the practical issues of spares cataloguing, optimising spares and stock reduction.