Managing Contract Claims, Variations, and Disputes
- Discover how to use counter claims to safeguard your interests when claims arise
- Implement and manage contract variations successfully to avoid disruptions and delays in your contracts
- Find out if you are entitled to initiate contract variations and which contractual party should bear the costs for the changes to the contract
- Resolve your contractual disputes by identifying the causes of disputes and utilizing dispute management and negotiation strategies
- Assess the best alternative dispute resolution you should utilize when your contractual disputes become too complex
Today, organizations are losing its annual revenue per year due to contract mismanagement. According to a survey conducted by International Association for Contract & Commercial Management (IACCM), 27% of the companies experience a significant claim or dispute on 10% or more of their contracts. These generally arise from variations in contract scope, weaknesses in contract change management, and performance failures due to over-commitment. More than ever, this represents a major economic cost for both the company and its trading partners resulting to costly litigation.
- GlaxoSmithKline fined $490 million by China for bribery (September 2014)
- Atos was fined £30 million for errors in its delivery of the UK work capability assessments (June 2014)
- Outsourcing firm Serco repay the Ministry of Justice £68.5 million after overcharging on its contract to provide electronic tagging for offenders (December 2013)
- Verizon has 24 instances of misconduct for which it incurred $477.5 million in penalties from the US government (1995-2013)
- SAIC paid more than $500 million to resolve alleged fraud occurring on a contract with New York City (2012-2013)
To protect your organization from long and costly litigation brought by poor contract management, this course will expose you with essential skills and techniques to safeguard your company from future risks and liabilities. Throughout this highly interactive course, you will discover how to use counter claims to safeguard your interests when claims arise and you will learn how to implement and manage contract variations successfully to avoid disruptions and delays in your contracts. In addition, you will identify the causes of disputes and know how to utilize dispute management and negotiation strategies to protect your company from potential law suits.
To be led by an internationally-accredited legal expert with more than 30 years of extensive experience in commercial and contractual law, the trainer will not only educate you with law and regulation, he will also enlighten you on the commercial issues relating to change management, contract variation and dispute resolution through real-life case studies and hands-on exercises.
The Trainer is a qualified Commercial and Commercial Property lawyer in Asia, Middle East and Europe, and is also the CEO of Honeylight Enterprises P/L, a leading business consultancy. She is a well-known business advisor to corporations and governments globally in fields such as international business sourcing, contract management, project management and negotiation; and has advised some of the major organizations including Ericsson, Maybank, Accenture, National Australia Bank, NEC and Melbourne Market Authority.
The Trainer serves as a judge for the Essential Services Commission Appeals and also as Board Director and Chairman of several public and private companies. Her focus on boards is multilateral trade opportunities and market entry strategies, and has been a Board Director of the Australia Chamber of Commerce for 20 years. With many years of general management experience under her belt with companies such as Coles Myer, she brings unique commercial executive experience with responsibilities for growing billion dollar asset portfolios.
Her achievements were recognized when she was nominated in 1997 for the awards of IWFCI/Drake International Businesswomen of the year and Telstra Business Women of the Year. From 2005 to 2007, Honeylight Enterprises repeatedly received the prestigious International Trade Awards, bestowed by the Prime Minister of Israel, in recognition of its outstanding contribution in the forging of international trade links.
She has authored the authoritative book on the subject, “Making Contracts Work”, which is has been adopted throughout university curriculum worldwide and by business people globally.
The trainer is interviewed regularly on radio to discuss next practice in business in a very practical and compelling way. She has been the recipient of several multilateral trade awards in recognition of her contribution in the forging of international trade links. She was nominated businesswoman of the year, and listed in the Who’s Who of Business in Australia.
The diversity of her career shows confidence and personal courage that her multidisciplinary background illustrates. With her ability to multi skill, Beverley is a resilient individual who knows how to drive change with strength and compassion.
- 2017: Honeylight announced as winner top 200 “Leading Business of Tomorrow:
- 2016: Listed in the 2016 Businesswomen’s Hall of Fame
- 2015: Winner 100 women of influence (AFR/Westpac)
- 2015: AFR/Westpac Top 10 Female Business Entrepreneurs
- Recipient of international trade awards from Australian and Israeli Prime Ministers Businesswomen of the year
- Greenville Developments voted most sustainably innovative company by Green Building Council
- Listed in Who’s Who of Business
- Global consultant and entrepreneur, with extensive experience with many Asian Clients, having run professional development programs in Malaysia, China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan and Africa. Clients include large banks such as Maybank, large Fertiliser companies, mining companies, agribusiness companies, hitech and software companies, healthcare providers, chemical companies and cosmetic companies, and shared service providers such as Accenture
- Expert in leadership and strategy, procurement, contract management, project management, disruption and international competition, sourcing and business acquisition
- Designed and delivered over 200,000 professional development programs to executives globally
- Professiorial lecturer, honorary fellow of several universities including Monash and Melbourne
- Published Author of several textbooks, some translated into many languages
- Coach and Mentor through Honeylight’s Career Boot Camp Programs
- Distributor of innovative technologies e.g. BioMedical tech, Clean-tech, Defence Technology
- Keynote speaker at international public conferences
- Coles Myer Ltd. Senior Executive, responsibilities for asset portfolio valued at > $1.5B
The trainer encourages positivity and is a clear and inspirational presenter."Gary Gilmore, Goldfields Council
The trainer has given a different perspective on things. Highly refreshing, super informative, and most worthwhile. I'd hear her again and again."Brett Walker, Health Network Australia
I have thoroughly enjoyed the style and presentation material and I took away real knowledge I can apply to my professional activity. Everyone involved in contracts should complete this course."Jennifer Hutchison, Women Chiefs of Enterprise International
All information regarding the event will be listed on our event brochures. It contains all the necessary information such as the Investment Fee, Full Course Agenda, Top Learning Objectives, Trainer’s Profile, and more. You may request for an event brochure by:
a. Signing up on the Request for Brochure form located at the Event Page
b. Leaving a message to Sally via Salvo’s Support Message Box.
c. Sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You will be required to provide details such as your Name, Organisation, Corporate E-mail Address, Contact Number, and Country of Origin.
The exact hotel location will be made known to all delegates privately approximately 1 month prior to the commencement date. We do have preferential corporate rates at the event hotels. Interested parties may inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org or request for the event brochure. Delegates who have confirmed their participation with us will be contacted by our team as soon as a venue is finalised. Usually, we hold all our events in 5 star hotels based in the city centre.
Salvo typically provides a 10% discount from the original investment fee per delegate should a company send 3 or more delegates to attend the course. Specific discounts may differ for respective programs so please email email@example.com for further confirmation on the exact discount.
Aside from the group discount mentioned above, Salvo offers a special Early Bird Discount once a new event is released. However, delegates must register as soon as possible since the special rate will only be available for a limited time.
The Investment Fee will cover all the course documents and materials that will be used during the training, as well as luncheons and coffee breaks during the training program. The Investment Fee does not cover the travel and accommodation expenses of the delegates, however, we can assist you by providing details on the estimated cost for both. The Investment Fee is also exclusive of tax. Taxes are to be borne by the delegate’s organisation.
Once you receive a copy of the event brochure, complete the registration form which is located on the last page and send it back to us. Upon receipt of the completed registration form with authorization, we will proceed to block the seat(s) on our system for your organization. Thereafter, the invoice will be sent out by our Finance team for processing of payment.
Your payment can be made via Telegraphic Transfer or via Credit Cards through American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Diners. Bank charges and local withholding tax are to be borne by the registrant.
Full payment should be made within TEN (10) WORKING DAYS upon receipt of invoice.
Aside from the knowledge that our expert trainers are imparting, a Certificate of Completion will be issued to all delegates completing a minimum of 90% of the total hours of the course. Some of our events offer takeaways and free consultation after the course. It varies from programs to programs.
You will receive a pre-course questionnaire upon successful registration. Kindly state your specific concerns and issues on this questionnaire and send it back to us, as this will be consolidated and forwarded to the trainer during the formulation of the course agenda. Alternatively, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your concern so we can be in touch to ensure that your concerns is addressed asap.
The registration form carries at least a 50% cancellation liability 6 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event after a signed sales resignation contract has been received by Salvo. If we are notified less than 2 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event, full cancellation fees is applicable.
With that said, we do understand that last minute changes do occur in organizations due to last minute change in schedule, job requirements etc. As such, please contact us soonest at email@example.com so we can assist in the best way forward for any changes.