World-class Overhead Line Design
- Understand the planning process for the development of new overhead lines and the uprating and upgrading of existing overhead lines including considerations of network constraints and reliability
- Develop an appreciation and application of the best international and national standards for the design of overhead lines including, where applicable consideration of local national structural and or wind codes
- Develop knowledge of the thermal design of overhead lines
- Develop an understanding of overhead line voltage rating and structure geometry
- Build knowledge of the requirements of overhead line earthing and cover an understanding of the purpose of earthing; risk based approach to earthing design; and probability factors and case studies
- Develop knowledge of the applied loads including ultimate limit state loads, serviceability limit state loads and load combinations
- Develop an appreciation of the types and applications of structures including wood poles, generic pole design, concrete poles, steel poles, composite fibre poles and lattice steel structure
- Develop knowledge of the conductors including conductor parameters, conductor fatigue, conductor safe design tension, conductor permanent elongation & creep, conductor change of state equation, conductor sag and conductor selection
- Know the applied loads, combined structure loads and strengths will be determined and will include and understanding of radial loads, vertical loads, insulator loads and load combinations
Transmission towers constitute about 28 to 42 percent of the cost of the transmission line. The increasing demand for electrical energy can be met more economically by improving the design and configuration of the transmission line towers.
Foundation of any structure plays an important role in safety and satisfactory performance of the structure as it transmits mechanical loads of the electrical transmission system to earth. A transmission structure without having a sound and safe foundation cannot perform the function for which it has been designed. Knowing and applying the best design based on the location’s environment is the key in improving line performance and safety.
Overhead transmission is a complicated engineering and design challenge. Salvo Global’s 3-day course on Overhead Line Design will provide an in-depth overview of transmission line and transmission line design, which will examine the behavior of wires, the design and analysis considerations, and the types of loads on wires and structures. This course will also provide attendees with the knowledge of the governing codes. This is the ideal course for engineers new to overhead transmission projects, regulatory staff that needs an overview to evaluate project options and vendors and contractors that support utilities as they build new transmission.
An excellent seminar for practitioners who are involved in uprating or improving line performance"
As a Network planner, great learnings, presented many practical Australian examples of uprating lines coupled with great sharing of information and experiences"
The collation of the presentation material and the added bonus of the provided reference material was a real surprise, and I now have a real understanding of the design of overhead lines and how to go about uprating lines"
All information regarding the event will be listed on our event brochures. It contains all the necessary information such as the Investment Fee, Full Course Agenda, Top Learning Objectives, Trainer’s Profile, and more. You may request for an event brochure by:
a. Signing up on the Request for Brochure form located at the Event Page
b. Leaving a message to Sally via Salvo’s Support Message Box.
c. Sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You will be required to provide details such as your Name, Organisation, Corporate E-mail Address, Contact Number, and Country of Origin.
The exact hotel location will be made known to all delegates privately approximately 1 month prior to the commencement date. We do have preferential corporate rates at the event hotels. Interested parties may inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org or request for the event brochure. Delegates who have confirmed their participation with us will be contacted by our team as soon as a venue is finalised. Usually, we hold all our events in 5 star hotels based in the city centre.
Salvo typically provides a 10% discount from the original investment fee per delegate should a company send 3 or more delegates to attend the course. Specific discounts may differ for respective programs so please email email@example.com for further confirmation on the exact discount.
Aside from the group discount mentioned above, Salvo offers a special Early Bird Discount once a new event is released. However, delegates must register as soon as possible since the special rate will only be available for a limited time.
The Investment Fee will cover all the course documents and materials that will be used during the training, as well as luncheons and coffee breaks during the training program. The Investment Fee does not cover the travel and accommodation expenses of the delegates, however, we can assist you by providing details on the estimated cost for both. The Investment Fee is also exclusive of tax. Taxes are to be borne by the delegate’s organisation.
Once you receive a copy of the event brochure, complete the registration form which is located on the last page and send it back to us. Upon receipt of the completed registration form with authorization, we will proceed to block the seat(s) on our system for your organization. Thereafter, the invoice will be sent out by our Finance team for processing of payment.
Your payment can be made via Telegraphic Transfer or via Credit Cards through American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Diners. Bank charges and local withholding tax are to be borne by the registrant.
Full payment should be made within TEN (10) WORKING DAYS upon receipt of invoice.
Aside from the knowledge that our expert trainers are imparting, a Certificate of Completion will be issued to all delegates completing a minimum of 90% of the total hours of the course. Some of our events offer takeaways and free consultation after the course. It varies from programs to programs.
You will receive a pre-course questionnaire upon successful registration. Kindly state your specific concerns and issues on this questionnaire and send it back to us, as this will be consolidated and forwarded to the trainer during the formulation of the course agenda. Alternatively, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your concern so we can be in touch to ensure that your concerns is addressed asap.
The registration form carries at least a 50% cancellation liability 6 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event after a signed sales resignation contract has been received by Salvo. If we are notified less than 2 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event, full cancellation fees is applicable.
With that said, we do understand that last minute changes do occur in organizations due to last minute change in schedule, job requirements etc. As such, please contact us soonest at email@example.com so we can assist in the best way forward for any changes.