AVO Analysis and Seismic Inversion
- Understand the basics of seismic wave propagation
- Have a good idea of the particular approximations of Zoeppritz equations and their limitations.
- Understand the factors that affect seismic amplitudes and learn how to correct them
- Be able to devise a suitable AVO processing workflow
- Appropriately choose AVO attributes that would help achieve the objective
- Differentiate and ideally choose between model-based, sparse-spike, joint inversion or geostatistical inversion algorithms, or between local and global inversion solutions
- Use elastic inversion effectively as a lithologic indicator
- Evaluate the use of spectral information as a direct hydrocarbon indicator
- Exploit changes in amplitude variation with offset and azimuth to produce multiple attribute images that illuminate different geologic features of interest
This course is designed for engineers, managers, service providers that are about to be using AVO Analysis and are trying to better understand the associated complexities.
- Seismic interpreters who wish to extract meaningful information from their data
- Seismic processors who want to find out different ways to devise AVO processing workflows to be able to extract meaningful AVO attributes
- Stratigraphers and geologists who wish to understand how lithologic information could be extracted from seismic data
- Students of geophysics who wish to become qualified interpreters/processors
Over the last few years, newer technology and/or techniques have evolved which allow better extraction of useful information from prestack data. These include improved imaging and noise suppression, relying on less simplistic assumptions, and using more sophisticated analysis methods. Given the variability of data quality, processing streams, and analysis methods, a continuing challenge will be to properly ascertain the applicability of the method in specific localities and in quantitatively incorporating AVO results into risk assessment and probabilistic reserves assessment. This course has been designed to provide a practical knowledge and understanding of the above-mentioned techniques and concepts that are used in AVO analysis.
All information regarding the event will be listed on our event brochures. It contains all the necessary information such as the Investment Fee, Full Course Agenda, Top Learning Objectives, Trainer’s Profile, and more. You may request for an event brochure by:
a. Signing up on the Request for Brochure form located at the Event Page
b. Leaving a message to Sally via Salvo’s Support Message Box.
c. Sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to provide details such as your Name, Organisation, Corporate E-mail Address, Contact Number, and Country of Origin.
The exact hotel location will be made known to all delegates privately approximately 1 month prior to the commencement date. We do have preferential corporate rates at the event hotels. Interested parties may inquire at email@example.com or request for the event brochure. Delegates who have confirmed their participation with us will be contacted by our team as soon as a venue is finalised. Usually, we hold all our events in 5 star hotels based in the city centre.
Salvo typically provides a 10% discount from the original investment fee per delegate should a company send 3 or more delegates to attend the course. Specific discounts may differ for respective programs so please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further confirmation on the exact discount.
Aside from the group discount mentioned above, Salvo offers a special Early Bird Discount once a new event is released. However, delegates must register as soon as possible since the special rate will only be available for a limited time.
The Investment Fee will cover all the course documents and materials that will be used during the training, as well as luncheons and coffee breaks during the training program. The Investment Fee does not cover the travel and accommodation expenses of the delegates, however, we can assist you by providing details on the estimated cost for both. The Investment Fee is also exclusive of tax. Taxes are to be borne by the delegate’s organisation.
Once you receive a copy of the event brochure, complete the registration form which is located on the last page and send it back to us. Upon receipt of the completed registration form with authorization, we will proceed to block the seat(s) on our system for your organization. Thereafter, the invoice will be sent out by our Finance team for processing of payment.
Your payment can be made via Telegraphic Transfer or via Credit Cards through American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Diners. Bank charges and local withholding tax are to be borne by the registrant.
Full payment should be made within TEN (10) WORKING DAYS upon receipt of invoice.
Aside from the knowledge that our expert trainers are imparting, a Certificate of Completion will be issued to all delegates completing a minimum of 90% of the total hours of the course. Some of our events offer takeaways and free consultation after the course. It varies from programs to programs.
You will receive a pre-course questionnaire upon successful registration. Kindly state your specific concerns and issues on this questionnaire and send it back to us, as this will be consolidated and forwarded to the trainer during the formulation of the course agenda. Alternatively, you can also email us at email@example.com regarding your concern so we can be in touch to ensure that your concerns is addressed asap.
The registration form carries at least a 50% cancellation liability 6 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event after a signed sales resignation contract has been received by Salvo. If we are notified less than 2 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event, full cancellation fees is applicable.
With that said, we do understand that last minute changes do occur in organizations due to last minute change in schedule, job requirements etc. As such, please contact us soonest at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist in the best way forward for any changes.