Advanced Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages Management
- Stimulate management participation and generate true empowerment using the Turnaround “Steering Group” strategic approach
- Understand the “Ultimate Goal” for any company engaged in Plant Turnarounds
- Improve your company’s performance on Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages by application of the processes taught in this course
- Discover the elements and characteristics that make Plant Turnarounds unique so that they demand a different approach from other projects
- Utilize the “Model of Excellence for Turnarounds” as a framework within which Turnarounds may be performed more effectively
- Adopt “Challenge Planning” to ensure value for money from your company’s Turnaround planning methodology
- Apply the “5T” Challenge Planning process to systematically reduce Turnaround durations
- Learn how to apply the “Rational Cost Model” to improve Turnaround cost estimation and control
- Streamline the company’s approach to Site Logistics in order to increase productivity on the Turnaround
- Incorporate the principle of Continuous Improvement into your company’s Turnaround approach
When organizations try to evaluate Shutdown objectives (finish on time, within budget, safely, with a fault free start up), they tend to analyze their performance too closely – so they don’t really know why they succeeded! If organizations fail to achieve one, some or all of their objectives hardly expose the underlying causes – so they don’t really find out why they failed. Attending the Advanced Turnaround Management Course will provide the opportunity to explore the underlying strategic mechanisms, levers and processes that shape a Turnaround, and will offer insights into why organizations sometimes succeed and sometimes fail. The course will also introduce new cutting edge concepts that can increase the chances of a smooth and efficient STO.
Due to current economic downturn, more and more companies are focusing on keeping the cost down while expecting their assets to run up to its critical limits. This will have a significant impact to the shutdown duration and increase downtime.
Delegates will be able to learn and rediscover latest industry best practices and techniques for STO. Other major areas of expertise that would be covered include:
- Ingrain critical Turnaround capabilities through Model of Excellence
- Building a framework for STO Success
- Provide a framework for effective Turnaround execution
- Improving cost management by utilizing the Rational Cost Model
- Demonstrate the latest Challenge planning approaches to Turnarounds
The Trainer has over 35 years of experience in the field, and has become accomplished in many aspects of maintenance and project management, specializing in Shutdown/ Turnaround Management from initial concept through to on-site completion in the Power Generation, Oil and Gas, Chemical, Cement, Paper, Mining, Steel and Manufacturing industries.
For the last 15 years, Tom has consulted with many clients to assist them in the resolution of Turnaround issues of various types including: setting up Shutdown Centers of Excellence, Turnaround (Project) Management, “Work scope to Work pack” process, Critical Path Compression, Contractor Strategy, Logistics, Shutdown Economics, Safety and Quality on Shutdowns, procedural failures and patterned thinking.
He is the Author of the first ever book to be published on Shutdown, Turnaround and Outage Management. (Published by Elsevier – ISBN-13: 978-0-7506-6787-6).
The Trainer has executed 50+ Turnaround audits and supervised 250+ audits for different industries in over 24 countries. He also delivered both Public and In-plant Training for Shutdowns and Turnarounds in the UK, Ireland, Holland, Belgium, Russia, Uzbekistan, USA, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, South Africa, Tunisia, Iran, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Qatar, Dubai, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand.
He has created a Model of Excellence for Turnarounds/Shutdowns and the 5T Challenge Planning Process for Critical Path Compression.
- Developing and delivering courses both in Universities (to MSc level) and on public courses on such subjects as Turnaround Planning and Management; Maintenance Fundamentals, Maintenance systems and Documentation, RCM Simplified, Root Cause Failure Analysis and Effective Communications.
- Creating formal Maintenance, Turnaround and Permit to Work procedures and training client personnel in-house from Board level to hourly paid workers
- Training in Effective Communications (NLP)
- Motivational speaking and empowerment of teams and work crews.
Companies that have benefited from The Trainer’s expertise include:
- Phillips Petroleum
- Rugby CementADGAS
- ICI Chemical & Polymers
- Sime Darby
- BHP Billiton
- Marathon Oil
- Methanol tomsk
- National Starch
- British Gas
- De Grusse
- Anglogold Ashanti
- Engen Refinery
All information regarding the event will be listed on our event brochures. It contains all the necessary information such as the Investment Fee, Full Course Agenda, Top Learning Objectives, Trainer’s Profile, and more. You may request for an event brochure by:
a. Signing up on the Request for Brochure form located at the Event Page
b. Leaving a message to Sally via Salvo’s Support Message Box.
c. Sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to provide details such as your Name, Organisation, Corporate E-mail Address, Contact Number, and Country of Origin.
The exact hotel location will be made known to all delegates privately approximately 1 month prior to the commencement date. We do have preferential corporate rates at the event hotels. Interested parties may inquire at email@example.com or request for the event brochure. Delegates who have confirmed their participation with us will be contacted by our team as soon as a venue is finalised. Usually, we hold all our events in 5 star hotels based in the city centre.
Salvo typically provides a 10% discount from the original investment fee per delegate should a company send 3 or more delegates to attend the course. Specific discounts may differ for respective programs so please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further confirmation on the exact discount.
Aside from the group discount mentioned above, Salvo offers a special Early Bird Discount once a new event is released. However, delegates must register as soon as possible since the special rate will only be available for a limited time.
The Investment Fee will cover all the course documents and materials that will be used during the training, as well as luncheons and coffee breaks during the training program. The Investment Fee does not cover the travel and accommodation expenses of the delegates, however, we can assist you by providing details on the estimated cost for both. The Investment Fee is also exclusive of tax. Taxes are to be borne by the delegate’s organisation.
Once you receive a copy of the event brochure, complete the registration form which is located on the last page and send it back to us. Upon receipt of the completed registration form with authorization, we will proceed to block the seat(s) on our system for your organization. Thereafter, the invoice will be sent out by our Finance team for processing of payment.
Your payment can be made via Telegraphic Transfer or via Credit Cards through American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Diners. Bank charges and local withholding tax are to be borne by the registrant.
Full payment should be made within TEN (10) WORKING DAYS upon receipt of invoice.
Aside from the knowledge that our expert trainers are imparting, a Certificate of Completion will be issued to all delegates completing a minimum of 90% of the total hours of the course. Some of our events offer takeaways and free consultation after the course. It varies from programs to programs.
You will receive a pre-course questionnaire upon successful registration. Kindly state your specific concerns and issues on this questionnaire and send it back to us, as this will be consolidated and forwarded to the trainer during the formulation of the course agenda. Alternatively, you can also email us at email@example.com regarding your concern so we can be in touch to ensure that your concerns is addressed asap.
The registration form carries at least a 50% cancellation liability 6 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event after a signed sales resignation contract has been received by Salvo. If we are notified less than 2 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event, full cancellation fees is applicable.
With that said, we do understand that last minute changes do occur in organizations due to last minute change in schedule, job requirements etc. As such, please contact us soonest at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist in the best way forward for any changes.