Advanced Maintenance Shutdowns & Outages
- Use proven methods for handling problems with difficult employees, vendors and contractors
- Avoid pitfalls in decision-making and understand the legal side of shutdowns and planning
- Develop a master checklist of everything to consider before the shutdown and when to consider it
- Discover the elements and characteristics that make shutdowns and turnarounds unique so that they demand a different approach from other projects
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your current shutdown effort and measure your shutdown efficiency by benchmarking with world-class shutdown strategies
- Utilize tools and technology that can smoothen the process and create a backbone for effective plant maintenance and reliability
- Reduce unnecessary cost incurred by properly planning, executing and closing your shutdown
- Efficiently coordinate contractors and in-house staff to obtain an effective workflow
- Master the latest best practices in planning, scheduling and CPM method
- Utilize real-life case studies and exercises to apply and practice what you have learned during the course
Maintenance Shutdowns and Outages is one of the most challenging periods in the industry covering technical challenge, legislation, financial and logistical issues on a large scale, and this is before the consideration of people side with large teams to bring together and motivate. Shutdowns are the most costly and time-consuming of maintenance projects as these lead to loss of production and expenses involved. In reality, the risk on equipment reliability, production integrity and operation efficiency increase due to machinery failure and unscheduled outages. To avoid production delays and costly maintenance repairs, companies are striving to do the shutdown project as effective and efficiently as they can during the first time around.
Salvo Global’s 3-day intensive Masterclass on “Advanced Maintenance Shutdown and Outages” is a practical how-to guide in effectively managing the Shutdown and Outage operations. Delegates will master the foundation for implementing, measuring results and successfully applying today’s best practices for Shutdowns and Outages. In addition, delegates will be introduced to the proven Shutdown Master Checklist that Joel Levitt developed over the years and how to effectively utilize it for their shutdown planning and scheduling. This will serve as a foolproof plan for a successful Shutdown project.
After completing the masterclass, delegates will be able to:
- Discern Giant checklists of everything to consider before the shutdown and when to consider it
- Know how to prepare your own customized checklist so everything is remembered
- Recognize when to say no to added work
- Know when and how to use Gantt, CPM and PERT charts
- Learn what documents to save and how to organize them
- Know how to break a job into activities
- Learn how to set up the shutdown team
- Realize how to account for everything that goes into an outage or shutdown
- Experience where to look for help on estimates
- Find out what shifts structures to use and how much they really cost
- Appreciate the checklist of specific safety risks to protect your workers
- Manage how to control a shutdown
- Learn how to pick project management software
- Insure lessons learned are really learned
- Know what to do if a shutdown has gotten into trouble
- Calculate the critical path even if you don’t have software
- Know which work orders you should work on first
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your current shutdown effort
- Effectively budget your next shutdown, turnaround or outage
- Manage risk on any maintenance project
- Learn from your mistakes and institutionalize lessons learned
- Get the most from your existing Project Management software
- Find free and low cost software for shutdowns
- Set-up safety program for your shutdowns
- Learn how to do a JSA for individual jobs
This course is designed for Managers, Superintendents, Supervisors, Engineers, Planners, Heads, Team Leaders, Inspectors, Contractors and Coordinators of:
- Shutdown/ Turnaround
- Cost Control
- Asset Management
From the following industries – but not limited to:
- Oil & Gas
- Exploration and Production
- Power Generation
- Support Services
- Consulting Engineering
And all other industries that see leadership skills and physical asset management as a factor to business success such as facilities management and operations.
Delegates will receive the Extensive E-copy of Topic-related Reference and hard copies of classroom case studies and exercises.
The trainer is a top-notch trainer of maintenance professionals. He has personally trained over 20,000 managers and supervisors from over 3,000 organizations in 20+ countries in over 500 sessions. With over 35 years of training experience, He brings to the course a unique blend of real-world experience as a skilled electrician and computer technician and expert in high technology, psychology and organizational behavior. 98% of his training attendees rated his training very good or excellent.
He is the Founder and President of Springﬁeld Resources (SRC), a company that designs and installs management systems in a wide variety of industries including airports, hospitals, high tech manufacturing, primary metal, mining, universities, school systems, military, government, etc. He has extensive experience in all facets of maintenance management, including preventive maintenance, inventory control, computerized maintenance, system design and system installation. He is accomplished in many aspects of maintenance, project and construction management. He specializes in Turnaround (Shutdown) Management and similar projects from concept through to on-site completion in Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Mining and Manufacturing industries. Additionally, he also assists clients in the resolution of Turnaround and Maintenance issues of various types such as contractor strategy, procurement process, project engineering, maintenance training, maintenance effectiveness, maintenance costing, project engineering, procedural failures and patterned thinking.
His major areas of expertise includes developing and delivering courses for both in-house and public courses on subjects such as Maintenance Planning & Scheduling, Turnaround Planning and Management, Lean Maintenance Fundamentals, Maintenance Management Systems and Documentation. He also assists clients to create centers of excellence for Turnarounds, Shutdown, Planning and Scheduling, Building Shutdown and Commissioning. Prior to SRC, he was a Senior Consultant at Computer Cost Control Corp. He assisted its president to design and market computerized maintenance management systems to organizations including FedEx, United Airlines, JFK Airport, BFI, etc. He had also designed, installed and serviced complete automation with rack control, accounting and inventory control for BP North Americas 30,000-barrel/day-oil terminal.
He designed the railroad fuel security and accounting system that was adopted by the American RR Association as the recommended standard. He has trained and consulted in India, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Columbia, Ecuador, Suriname, Dominica, UK, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Canada, Mexico, USA, Switzerland etc. The trainer has written many books on maintenance management and chapters of two other books. He has written over two dozens of articles for trade publications on maintenance topics.
The trainer has helped many notable organizations achieve improved performance through training and consulting advise. These include:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Abu Dhabi Airports Company
- Abu Dhabi Gas Liquefaction Co.
- Abu Dhabi Oil Company (ADCO)
- AES Sonel Cameroon
- Advanced Petrochemical Company
- AVK Saudi Valves Manufacturing
- American Water Works
- Atlantic Liquefied Natural Gas
- Arawak Cement
- Borouge UAE
- Blue Circle
- British American Tobacco
- Brunei Shell
- Coca Cola Bottlers
- Conoco Phillips
- Carigali PTTEPI Operating Company
- Clariant Indonesia
- Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority
- Dubai Water
- Dorsch Holdings
- Emirates Airline
- Emirates District Cooling
- Emirates Transport Company
- Emirati Oil
- Esso Canada
- Etihad Airways
- General Electric
- Harley Davidson
- Indonesia Port Corporation
- International Breweries Plc
- Iron Ore of Canada
- Jebba Hydro Electric Plc
- Jefferson University Hospital
- Jakarta Tank Terminal
- Lafarge Cement
- Kaltim Prima Coal
- Kainji Hydro Electric
- Malaysia LNG
- Newfoundland Hydro
- Newcrest Mining
- Petrochina International Company
- Petronas Penapisan
- Philip Morris
- Prince George Pulp and Paper
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Phu My BOT Power
- Perusahan Gas Negara
- Premier Oil
- Perseus Mining
- Pertamina Hulu Energy
- PtBredero Shaw
- Pt Perkebunan Nusantra X
- Pt Energi Sengkang
- Pt Pembangkitan Jawa Bali
- Qatar Aluminum
- Robert Bosch
- Reynnolds Metal
- Sapura Acergy
- Saudi Aramco
- Scottish Power
- Seattle Airport
- Singapore Refining Company
- Smith International Gulf Services
- South Deep Gold Mine
- Soitec Microelectronics
- Shell MDS
- Toray Plastic
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad
- Teknik Janakuasa
- Total Facilities Management
- Tatweer Petroleum
- US Army
- US Navy
- US Steel
- Usibelli Coal
- Warri Refining & Petrochemical Company
- Worthington Steel
- Zambia Telecommunications
Good event. Helps me to get new knowledge and reminds me what should and should not be done in my course of work."
Event was good, because the materials delivered was exactly what we need. It was presented by a very qualified trainer with vast experience on maintenance activities."
It was a good event with practical implementation."
Very good. The material and the trainer were a good match resulting in good understanding."
Very useful and has opened my mind about maintenance management."
Helped me become a better Maintenance Professional."
Well, the training has prepared me to the tasks with regard to shutdowns. Shutdowns are capital extensive, as such need to be well planned and also met the target."
A revealing insight to measures that will optimize our operations at Shutdowns, Turnarounds and Outages.Brilliantly imparted."
Good workshop, Interactive class and valuable instructions panel."
I really would like to thank Mr. Levitt for his presentation and the way of interaction during the course which was very beneficial to me. Interaction between different people from different organizations was very useful for all of us."
I have attended many courses in maintenance training, but none made the maintenance concepts so easy to understand and quite possible to adopt. We had a great time enjoying the way you delivered the class."
I have found the trainer to be the most realistic and practical trainer I know. He can relate with the whole facility from shop floor to the boardroom."
This was useful and concentrated on the aspects of my field."
All information regarding the event will be listed on our event brochures. It contains all the necessary information such as the Investment Fee, Full Course Agenda, Top Learning Objectives, Trainer’s Profile, and more. You may request for an event brochure by:
a. Signing up on the Request for Brochure form located at the Event Page
b. Leaving a message to Sally via Salvo’s Support Message Box.
c. Sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to provide details such as your Name, Organisation, Corporate E-mail Address, Contact Number, and Country of Origin.
The exact hotel location will be made known to all delegates privately approximately 1 month prior to the commencement date. We do have preferential corporate rates at the event hotels. Interested parties may inquire at email@example.com or request for the event brochure. Delegates who have confirmed their participation with us will be contacted by our team as soon as a venue is finalised. Usually, we hold all our events in 5 star hotels based in the city centre.
Salvo typically provides a 10% discount from the original investment fee per delegate should a company send 3 or more delegates to attend the course. Specific discounts may differ for respective programs so please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further confirmation on the exact discount.
Aside from the group discount mentioned above, Salvo offers a special Early Bird Discount once a new event is released. However, delegates must register as soon as possible since the special rate will only be available for a limited time.
The Investment Fee will cover all the course documents and materials that will be used during the training, as well as luncheons and coffee breaks during the training program. The Investment Fee does not cover the travel and accommodation expenses of the delegates, however, we can assist you by providing details on the estimated cost for both. The Investment Fee is also exclusive of tax. Taxes are to be borne by the delegate’s organisation.
Once you receive a copy of the event brochure, complete the registration form which is located on the last page and send it back to us. Upon receipt of the completed registration form with authorization, we will proceed to block the seat(s) on our system for your organization. Thereafter, the invoice will be sent out by our Finance team for processing of payment.
Your payment can be made via Telegraphic Transfer or via Credit Cards through American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Diners. Bank charges and local withholding tax are to be borne by the registrant.
Full payment should be made within TEN (10) WORKING DAYS upon receipt of invoice.
Aside from the knowledge that our expert trainers are imparting, a Certificate of Completion will be issued to all delegates completing a minimum of 90% of the total hours of the course. Some of our events offer takeaways and free consultation after the course. It varies from programs to programs.
You will receive a pre-course questionnaire upon successful registration. Kindly state your specific concerns and issues on this questionnaire and send it back to us, as this will be consolidated and forwarded to the trainer during the formulation of the course agenda. Alternatively, you can also email us at email@example.com regarding your concern so we can be in touch to ensure that your concerns is addressed asap.
The registration form carries at least a 50% cancellation liability 6 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event after a signed sales resignation contract has been received by Salvo. If we are notified less than 2 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event, full cancellation fees is applicable.
With that said, we do understand that last minute changes do occur in organizations due to last minute change in schedule, job requirements etc. As such, please contact us soonest at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist in the best way forward for any changes.