Advanced Cash Flow Management and Capital Optimization
- Design a best practice global cash flow management structure
- Effectively measure and manage the performance of cash flow function
- Improve visibility, control and optimization of global cash
- Improve the accuracy of cash forecasts
- Optimize working capital and Balance Sheet management
- Integrate the management of global cash, cash forecasts and working capital
- Improve visibility and control over foreign exchange and interest rate exposures
- Design cash flow models, benchmarking and KPI’s to measure the effectiveness of your capital and cash management strategy
- Develop business partnership and strategic value to the firm
A recent study from KPMG shows that one of the major issues that can lead to a crisis is the lack of an adequate cash culture properly incorporated into the business. It is more common to find businesses that measure operational and executive performance based on profit and loss statement, rather than based on cash generation and working capital metrics. This typically results in the scenario in which the company sacrifices consumption of cash and working capital for positive operational results. Over time, this could lead the company into a liquidity crisis.
This 3 day interactive workshop is designed to provide Corporate Treasury, Accounting and Finance professionals with current, practical knowledge of the essential elements of Cash Flow management in a best practices environment. World Class Cash Flow management is based on Best Practices in: cash management, working capital and cash forecasting. Integration of these essential processes is the only path to world class Cash Flow management.
CFOs, MDs, Treasurers, Assistant Treasurers, Directors of Treasury, VP Finance, Directors, Bankers and Senior Managers responsible for:
- Corporate Treasury
- Cash Management/Liquidity Management
- Foreign Exchange/Interest Rate Risk
- Risk Management/Group Risk Management
- Corporate Investment and Debt
- Working Capital Management
- Financial Analysis
- Finance and/or Accounting
- Internal Audit, Finance and Accounting
- Corporate Planning / Internal Controls / Regulatory & Compliance
The Trainer, CTP is a US consultant with more than 30 years of experience in Treasury with expertise in global cash management, cash forecasting, treasury technology, investments, debt, foreign exchange and working capital management.
He is also a former Chairman of the AFP and has served on several of the associations committees. He holds a BA from University of Richmond, an MBA from Virginia Commonwealth University and the CTP certification from the AFP.
Prior to establishing his consultancy, he held various senior positions in corporate Treasury including Assistant Treasurer at EDS Corp (a $22bn High Tech company with operations in 83 Countries), Director of Treasury at Fidelity Investments (a $14 bn revenue Mutual Fund company) and Assistant Treasurer at Holiday Inns (a $2bn hotel chain with operations in 103 countries).
Among many client projects, he has:
- Coordinated the establishment of a sovereign debt management system and cash management structure for an EM Country. The scope of the project included IMF, Bi-lateral and World Bank loans as well as the design and implementation of a national cash management system.
- Engaged by a $17 bn MNC with operations in 123 countries to coordinate a banking rationalization; implement SAP Treasury, a TWS and install SWIFT Net. Improved efficiency; reduced bank accounts; reduced bank fees; and improved cash control.
- Engaged by a PE firm on a $1bn “carve out” to establish Treasury: global cash, cash forecasting, foreign exchange, investments, debt and working capital. Engagement included a TWS, SWIFT Lite, policies, procedures, systems, banking infrastructure and staff training.
- For a $5 bn PE firm designed a Web based Treasury Best Practice survey as a timely, cost effective means to identify Foreign Exchange risk and cash inefficiency among 16 portfolio companies operative in 26 countries. Identified opportunity for a 35% improvement in daily cash availability and reduced risk by implementation of a formal FX program across all companies.
- Implemented a physical cash concentration structure, cash forecasting program, In-House bank, TWS, coordinated a Bank RFP and established a FX program for a $3 bn MNC resulting in: 25% reduction in daily surplus cash and 95% cash forecasting accuracy.
- Hired by a $22 bn MNC with operations in 83 countries with no formal cash management or FX programs. Led a staffing restructuring, designed physical cash concentration structure, implemented SWIFT Net, SAP Treasury, a TWS and a formal FX program. Reduced global staff from 17 to 9; 44% reduction in daily cash; improved control over FX exposures.
- Designed and implemented a global cash management structure, Treasury work station and an In-house bank coverin 83 countries that resulted in a $715 mm (44%) reduction in surplus cash, daily visibility of 94% of cash balances and 95% forecasting accuracy over 90 day horizons.
- Designed and implemented a global in-house bank concentration and foreign exchange system for a $1 bn process outsources company with operations in 8 countries. Engagement included policies, procedures, systems and a bank RFP implementation. Investable cash improved by 45%.
- Coordinated the implementation of a TWS, a Treasury Web Site and a Senior Management Dashboard in order to better leverage the delivery of Treasury tools and information. Within the first year the Web Sites enjoyed over 9,000 monthly hits.
Companies that have benefited from The Trainer’s expertise include:
- Addax Petroleum
- American Express
- American Red Cross
- Arabian Darb
- Associated Bank
- Bank of Barbados
- Bank of China
- Bank of Jamaica
- Bangko Sentral Ng Pilipinas
- Bindura Nickel Corp
- Bunco BHD
- Bank of Trinidad
- Bank of New York
- BP Finance
- Bechtel Group
- BNP Paribas
- Cooper Industries
- Canadian Housing Authority
- Dar al-handasah
- Dubai Gold & Commodities
- EDS Corp.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Mining
- Fresnitto Mining
- Garanti Leasing
- Ghana Telecom University
- Holiday Inns
- JP Morgan Chase
- Kuwait Petroleum
- Kosmos Energy
- Ministry of Finance of Zambia
- Minera Andes
- Nigerian Export Import Bank
- Office of Utilities Regulation
- Oman Oil Co.
- Petronas Oil & Gas
- Ras Gas Ltd
- Saudi Aramco
- Saudi Aramco Refining & Petrochemicals
- SSA Marine
- State Bank of India
- South Rub Al-Khali Company, Ltd
- Svenska Petroleum
All information regarding the event will be listed on our event brochures. It contains all the necessary information such as the Investment Fee, Full Course Agenda, Top Learning Objectives, Trainer’s Profile, and more. You may request for an event brochure by:
a. Signing up on the Request for Brochure form located at the Event Page
b. Leaving a message to Sally via Salvo’s Support Message Box.
c. Sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to provide details such as your Name, Organisation, Corporate E-mail Address, Contact Number, and Country of Origin.
The exact hotel location will be made known to all delegates privately approximately 1 month prior to the commencement date. We do have preferential corporate rates at the event hotels. Interested parties may inquire at email@example.com or request for the event brochure. Delegates who have confirmed their participation with us will be contacted by our team as soon as a venue is finalised. Usually, we hold all our events in 5 star hotels based in the city centre.
Salvo typically provides a 10% discount from the original investment fee per delegate should a company send 3 or more delegates to attend the course. Specific discounts may differ for respective programs so please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further confirmation on the exact discount.
Aside from the group discount mentioned above, Salvo offers a special Early Bird Discount once a new event is released. However, delegates must register as soon as possible since the special rate will only be available for a limited time.
The Investment Fee will cover all the course documents and materials that will be used during the training, as well as luncheons and coffee breaks during the training program. The Investment Fee does not cover the travel and accommodation expenses of the delegates, however, we can assist you by providing details on the estimated cost for both. The Investment Fee is also exclusive of tax. Taxes are to be borne by the delegate’s organisation.
Once you receive a copy of the event brochure, complete the registration form which is located on the last page and send it back to us. Upon receipt of the completed registration form with authorization, we will proceed to block the seat(s) on our system for your organization. Thereafter, the invoice will be sent out by our Finance team for processing of payment.
Your payment can be made via Telegraphic Transfer or via Credit Cards through American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Diners. Bank charges and local withholding tax are to be borne by the registrant.
Full payment should be made within TEN (10) WORKING DAYS upon receipt of invoice.
Aside from the knowledge that our expert trainers are imparting, a Certificate of Completion will be issued to all delegates completing a minimum of 90% of the total hours of the course. Some of our events offer takeaways and free consultation after the course. It varies from programs to programs.
You will receive a pre-course questionnaire upon successful registration. Kindly state your specific concerns and issues on this questionnaire and send it back to us, as this will be consolidated and forwarded to the trainer during the formulation of the course agenda. Alternatively, you can also email us at email@example.com regarding your concern so we can be in touch to ensure that your concerns is addressed asap.
The registration form carries at least a 50% cancellation liability 6 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event after a signed sales resignation contract has been received by Salvo. If we are notified less than 2 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event, full cancellation fees is applicable.
With that said, we do understand that last minute changes do occur in organizations due to last minute change in schedule, job requirements etc. As such, please contact us soonest at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist in the best way forward for any changes.