Advanced 3D Seismic Interpretation
- Discover the essential concepts of subsurface pressures and stresses and their interrelationships
- Review Pore, fracture and overburden pressures and how to evaluate and calculate them
- Understand Subsurface stresses and associated wellbore instability
- Learn how geopressures affect the distribution and migration of hydrocarbons
- Comprehend the controid principle and pressure transfer
- Understand dynamic nature of subsurface pressures, hydrodynamics
- Discover how formation pressures will affect well planning and risk evaluation
- Utilize Pore pressure prediction prediction and real-time evaluation using trend analysis
- Learn about fracture gradient evaluation and interpretation of leak-off tests and FITs
- Understand how to distinguish and analyze causes of wellbore instability
- Know how hole conditions, shale caving and gas can be used in evaluations
- Understand HPHT wells and their special risks and mitigations
This course is designed for engineers, managers, service providers that are about to be using Seismic Interpretation techniques and are trying to better understand the associated complexities.
• Seismic interpreters who wish to extract meaningful information from their data
• Seismic processors who want to ﬁnd out different ways to characterize heavy oil formations
• Stratigraphers and structure geologists who use 3D seismic volumes to prepare detailed reservoir models
• Reservoir engineers who want to understand about the seismic inputs to add detailed to 3D reservoir models
• Students of geophysics who wish to become qualiﬁed interpreters
Formation pressure prediction and evaluation is a safety critical task. This course provides you with the fundamental skills required for pre-well prediction and subsequent real-time evaluation of subsurface pressures (overburden, fracture and pore pressures) using a variety of direct and indirect methods. It will also introduce you to the basics of wellbore stability analysis and describe how recognition of the pore pressure generation method is so important for prediction and evaluation.
This is a comprehensive course using the basic models of geology, rock-mechanics and hydrodynamics to predict and appraise subsurface geopressure and, consequently, evaluate your prospect risk pre-and post-drilling.
Participants will learn how to calculate and run their own pore pressure (PP) prediction and analyses, based on a geo-scientific foundation, rather than software design.The course applies a new method of calculating pore pressure and also discusses some of the pitfalls related to specific widely used applications.
The course proceeds from the known (measured pp) to the unknown (predicted pp). It explains the development of the subsurface geopressure compartments with depth and their impact on hydrocarbon entrapments, drilling prognoses and risk assessment.
All information regarding the event will be listed on our event brochures. It contains all the necessary information such as the Investment Fee, Full Course Agenda, Top Learning Objectives, Trainer’s Profile, and more. You may request for an event brochure by:
a. Signing up on the Request for Brochure form located at the Event Page
b. Leaving a message to Sally via Salvo’s Support Message Box.
c. Sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to provide details such as your Name, Organisation, Corporate E-mail Address, Contact Number, and Country of Origin.
The exact hotel location will be made known to all delegates privately approximately 1 month prior to the commencement date. We do have preferential corporate rates at the event hotels. Interested parties may inquire at email@example.com or request for the event brochure. Delegates who have confirmed their participation with us will be contacted by our team as soon as a venue is finalised. Usually, we hold all our events in 5 star hotels based in the city centre.
Salvo typically provides a 10% discount from the original investment fee per delegate should a company send 3 or more delegates to attend the course. Specific discounts may differ for respective programs so please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further confirmation on the exact discount.
Aside from the group discount mentioned above, Salvo offers a special Early Bird Discount once a new event is released. However, delegates must register as soon as possible since the special rate will only be available for a limited time.
The Investment Fee will cover all the course documents and materials that will be used during the training, as well as luncheons and coffee breaks during the training program. The Investment Fee does not cover the travel and accommodation expenses of the delegates, however, we can assist you by providing details on the estimated cost for both. The Investment Fee is also exclusive of tax. Taxes are to be borne by the delegate’s organisation.
Once you receive a copy of the event brochure, complete the registration form which is located on the last page and send it back to us. Upon receipt of the completed registration form with authorization, we will proceed to block the seat(s) on our system for your organization. Thereafter, the invoice will be sent out by our Finance team for processing of payment.
Your payment can be made via Telegraphic Transfer or via Credit Cards through American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Diners. Bank charges and local withholding tax are to be borne by the registrant.
Full payment should be made within TEN (10) WORKING DAYS upon receipt of invoice.
Aside from the knowledge that our expert trainers are imparting, a Certificate of Completion will be issued to all delegates completing a minimum of 90% of the total hours of the course. Some of our events offer takeaways and free consultation after the course. It varies from programs to programs.
You will receive a pre-course questionnaire upon successful registration. Kindly state your specific concerns and issues on this questionnaire and send it back to us, as this will be consolidated and forwarded to the trainer during the formulation of the course agenda. Alternatively, you can also email us at email@example.com regarding your concern so we can be in touch to ensure that your concerns is addressed asap.
The registration form carries at least a 50% cancellation liability 6 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event after a signed sales resignation contract has been received by Salvo. If we are notified less than 2 weeks prior to the commencement date of the event, full cancellation fees is applicable.
With that said, we do understand that last minute changes do occur in organizations due to last minute change in schedule, job requirements etc. As such, please contact us soonest at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist in the best way forward for any changes.