The current digitalization of our world also impacts in depth the Treasury world. We can observe a combination of 3 disrupting factors: increasing of speed, of complexity and of possibilities. Some technologies are now much cheaper than before and it is essential to make the most of them, so as to remain competitive. Many Treasurers’ tasks can now be done at lower costs, and the Treasurers need to focus on other tasks bringing more added-value to their company. Moreover, the Cyber risk has become one of the 5 major world risks for all corporates. Although ever increasing, the Cyber risk can be reduced with a bundle of specific actions.
Treasury teams and departments must now work differently in order to cope with this disrupting context. They have to do their previous tasks faster and at lower costs while being able to contribute to the new challenges of their companies.
On another hand, banks’ cash management services have to consider the new needs of their customers and also to include newcomers in their process. Some partnerships and coordination of services can bring new competitive offer and a wider profitable activity.
Salvo Global’s 3-day interactive workshop is designed for two audiences with congruent learning objectives
- The workshop is designed to provide Corporate Treasury, Accounting and Finance professionals with current, practical knowledge of key points concerning Cash Management tools and organization. They will understand how to perform a more efficient and secured Cash Management activity bringing more added value to their Company.
- This workshop will also provide commercial bankers in cash management services, product development and marketing, an in-depth understanding of their customers’ world. They will identify the main attention points, in particular in security so as to better meet their customers’ requirements.
Using case study methodology, dedicated questionnaires and practical examples to illustrate key points, the attendees will be able to apply Best Practice tools and techniques in their own context so as to reduce costs, and to improve control and security.
This three-day workshop is designed for CFOs, MDs, Treasurers, Assistant Treasurers, Directors of Treasury, VP Finance, Directors, Bankers and Senior Managers responsible for:
The Trainer is a world-renowned consultant with more than 20 years of experience in Treasury with expertise in global cash management, cash forecasting, treasury technology, credit management, change management, internal control, project management, information systems, treasury securitization, treasury audit.
He has a degree from ESCP Europe a French Business School and graduated for a DSCG diploma (Master degree in Accounting and management)
Prior to establishing his consultancy, the trainer has been an external auditor at Price Waterhouse Coopers, then management controller in different companies, then IS manager. For years, he held various senior positions in corporate Treasury (Cash Manager, Group Treasurer, and finally Group Treasury Controller) at Valeo, a €18bn global automotive supplier with operations in 33 countries).
He is a frequent speaker in Treasury training and conferences around the world.
Among many activities, he has:
- Implemented a treasury management system in 27 countries including core model definition, payments, cash management, reporting, bank connectivity/ERP/wage payments, standardization of SAP systems and team training
- Animated a treasury network of more than 100 treasurers in 30 countries, using change management and a self-developed treasury website.
- Reduced the external overdue of a €0,8bn division from €11m to €2m
- Consolidated the Treasury reporting of a €10bn corporate
- Participated in conferences on the following subjects: sepa payments, bank connectivity, fighting against fraud, cyber security and payment fraud prevention, customer overdue management
- Automatized the bank statement matching and the treasury reporting of a €1,4bn corporate
- Contributed to a technical booklet about the cash flow dealings in an international company
- Trained AFTE (French Professional Treasury Association) on subject: “implementing a Group Treasury”.
Companies and Projects which have benefited from the trainer’s expertise include: