Online Masterclass: Lean Management for Operations
Many of the largest and most profitable companies in the world use lean operations principles to improve operations and increase profitability. The two primary objectives of lean operations are providing higher value to customers and eliminating waste. A company operating on lean principles strives to be efficient. It seeks to optimize its operations through a careful and painstaking process that looks at every aspect of the business and eliminates everything that is nonessential to create long-term profits.
Salvo Global’s workshop will enable participants to have an overall insight of Business and Operational management and continuous improvement principals, capture the fundamentals of continuous improvement initiatives, the leadership and management role and responsibilities, the operational excellence framework. They will learn how to understand the impact of investment and expenses in operating environment. This will help then transform their current operation structure and efficiently adjust to the current economic climate of the world.
Top Learning Objectives
- Gain insight of Lean enterprise
- Understand the fundamental of Lean management
- Learn how to utilize Lean toolbox
- Apply improvement initiatives
- Avoid Process waste and impacts
- Integrate process optimization
- Study different types of production flow type
- Master Cell-design
Who Should Attend?
Executive managers; senior managers; section managers; superintendent; engineers; technicians; contractors; suppliers; planners/schedulers; supply chain, store & warehouse from:
- Operations (QA/QC; Production; Maintenance; Reliability)
- Asset management & Asset integrity
- Maintenance, Planning & Scheduling
- Reliability & Asset Healthcare
- Engineering & Technical support
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Store & Warehouse Management
Also, organizations wishing to move away from firefighting management to improvement and organizations looking to comply with the requirements of and/or standards; or simply, improving asset life cycle at lower operational cost.
The trainer, P.Eng, CRL, CAMP, CMMP, CLSSBB, SME Sr. Manager & Consultant, over 24 years of expertise in heavy industry in Maintenance, reliability, project management and operational excellence. Facilitate over 2500 workshops globally.
He has extensive operations management, maintenance & reliability management, project management, process performance and CI capability. Global experience in manufacturing, mining and consulting. He managed core and supported business functions, strategic project management office.
He has managed and assessed global projects for large organizations on process management, business performance, operations, maintenance and integrated equipment reliability, optimizing manufacturing footprints, operation system integration, operations due diligence, training-coaching and mentoring clients. He has extensive experience in lean manufacturing, six sigma, project management, operations management, asset management, advance problem solving and strategy deployment in complex large organizations worldwide. He has deep exposure in product transformation and quality management systems (ISO 9001, ISO11000, ISO55000, TS 16949, Mil-Std).
He has worked across the world Canada, USA, China, Middle East and Africa in multi-sector global diverse organizations.
Key Recent Accomplishments:
- Asset management development and deployment for Zinc-copper mine
- Asset management integration and reliability-CI for Gold corporate mine
- Asset reliability and DAS integration for Iron ore international mine
- Maintenance process system development for Iron ore north American mine
- Operation and throughput optimization Copper-Nickel mine in Canada
- Business & Process performance for multiple manufacturing site in Canada & USA
- Quality management and supplier management for Chinese aluminium extruder manufacturing
- 2.5% OEE incremental with 7% downtime reduction for Iron Ore mine
- 25% mining uptime improvement – assets and cost improvements site wide
- Integration of MPS (maintenance process system) in multi mine site
- Development and implementation of RCM roadmap, over 5 million dollars saving
- Advance root-cause-analysis & investigation, saving over $1M
He has helped many notable organisations achieve improved performance through training and consulting advice. These include:
- THC Consulting
- Murphy Oil
- Advance Petrochem
- Cliffs Natural Resources Mines
- Maax Canada
- Nyrstar Mining
- Argo Consulting
- Detour Gold
- Vale Mining
- Golden Truth China
- GOS Consulting
- Nyrstar Mine
- Louisiana Pacific Corporation
- Sejingkat Power Corporation
- Alkhorayef Industries
- Emirates CMS Power Company
- Rabigh Electricity Company
- Astra Honda Motors
- Oceancare Marine Services
- Tenega Nasional Berhad
“Mill uptime improvement, resulting +15% uptime within 6 months period with the support of the trainer.”Senior Production Engineer