Talent management has become a topic of critical competitive importance to today’s organizations around the world. While many organizations have met the challenge of talent management strategically, fewer have been able to drive that strategy into daily practice.
While sometimes HR professionals are expected to do all the hard work in attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talented people, the reality is that 90 percent of development occurs on the job within the context to doing daily work.
To state that another way, the best way to attract, develop, engage and retain talent is to get leaders engaged in that process on a daily basis. But even professionally trained operating managers have not been given the skills they need to take an active daily role in building talent. And their efforts are complicated because research indicates that managers devote only 20 percent of their time to direct interaction with their own staff. (The remaining 80 percent of their time is focused on doing their own solitary work.)
This 3-day masterclass will provide a detailed approach and guide for HR practitioners to coordinate such an integration into their existing talent management system to make it a comprehensive one. While this approach may need to be modified and aligned with each corporate culture, it will examine the necessary components essential to ensure that the strategies implemented by the HR practitioners will maximize the capability and capacity of the organization.