Power System Design Protection and Coordination
Power system protection of various electrical equipment and apparatus requires good understanding of phase and ground short circuit currents, detection, and safe clearing of the faulted equipment. Good design & coordination of electric power protection systems is vital to safety, maintenance, troubleshooting and efficient operation of electrical systems and modern industrial plants.
Salvo Global’s 3-day practical masterclass on “Power System Design, Protection & Coordination” addresses all aspects of industrial & utility power systems, including system planning, equipment selection, specification and application, system grounding, protection and conformity with electrical code requirements etc.
Top Learning Objectives
- Improve your knowledge of power system design, planning, analysis, protective device applications & relay schemes for safe and efficient operation of electrical power systems and equipment
- Minimize adverse impacts of power trips through effective protection grading & coordination
- Develop your own relay settings and thoroughly understand the philosophy of protective systems for substations, transformers, switchgears/circuit breakers, feeders, motors, generators etc.
- Gain valuable insights through actual cases illustrating various techniques in present use and highlighting particular approaches used by experienced system designers
- Troubleshoot power system protection problems commonly faced by industry and adopt recommended solutions which have proven successful
- Understand how to apply microprocessor-based multi-function relays on protection of various power system equipment and apparatus
- Discuss the challenges on power system design and protection posed by renewable energy sources, independent power producers, micro-grids & smart grids
Who Should Attend?
- Engineering Managers
- Electrical Engineering Managers
- E&I (Electrical & Instrumentation) Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Power System Engineers
- Power Protection Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Instrumentation & Control Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Plant Managers/Operators
- Electrical Technicians
- Field Technician