The proposed workshop will cover the key topics prospect appraisal and play fairway analysis. The aim of the course is to provide the exploration geology and play fairway context for prospect evaluation, and then concentrate on the geological understanding of the specific risks associated with hydrocarbon charge, seals, traps, reservoirs and timing, with special attention paid to the risks associated with geophysical evaluation. The above technical sections culminate in the Prospect Generation and Evaluation presentations and exercises, which are the focus of the workshop. Having completed the prospect evaluation, the preparation for economic evaluation is then briefly reviewed.
Play Fairways Analysis & Prospect Evaluation
Top Learning Objectives
- ANALYZE and IMPROVE current workflow in generating plays and prospects through the understanding of all aspects of the petroleum system
- LEARN how to integrate data from a variety of sources and disciplines
- UNDERSTAND and utilize play fairway analysis and prospect evaluation workflows
- LEARN in-depth the structural and stratigraphic play fairway and prospect interpretation through real-life case study examples
- GENERATE a solid prospect proposal which can be supported with sound technical and economic Value
Who Should Attend?
The course is likely to be beneficial for exploration professionals involved in the play fairway analysis and prospect evaluation stages of petroleum exploration:
- Exploration Geologists
Pre-requisite: To fully appreciate the course, attendees are advised to have at least 2-5 years of experience in petroleum exploration with knowledge in basic petroleum geology.