This in-depth masterclass focuses on the application of IFRS to extractive industries. It looks at the core IFRS standards, illustrating their application by reference to ‘live examples’ of IFRS published accounts, and examines in depth those standards which specifically apply to mining, oil and gas activities and how they are being implemented by the sector.
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Top Learning Objectives
- Understand and apply the accounting and disclosure requirements of IFRS 6 Exploration for and Evaluation of Mineral Resources
- Develop an understanding of how to account for your property, plant, and equipment under IFRS
- Learn how to account for Research and Development, depreciation, and amortization rules
- Identify some of the more specific tools needed to implement IFRS for mining companies
- Understand impairment of assets, financial instruments, business combinations, and foreign exchange under IFRS
- Be informed on the latest exposure drafts on derecognition and fair value measurement
Who Should Attend?
This masterclass will be of particular benefit to all finance professionals involved in the preparation of financial statements under IFRS. Participants would be expected to have at least a basic knowledge of accounting standards but no previous experience with IFRS would be expected.
- Directors of Corporate Accounting
- Accountants and Auditors
- Chief Financial Officers
- Vice-Presidents and Directors of Finance
- Chartered Accountants
- Financial Analysts
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Managers
- Regulatory Compliance Officers