Treasury’s world is growing increasingly more complex. Never has it been more important for companies to control cash, working capital and risk on a global basis. Over and above the mandate to excel in these traditional roles, Treasury is called upon to be more strategic in its’ activities and to develop a solid business partner relationship across the complex.
Company Boards and Senior Management are demanding improved visibility and control over risk, optimization of cash and working capital to reduce requirements for external funding and lower cost of operation.
Treasury departments are challenged to operate efficiently in a global market place in order to support the competitive position of their companies. Banks are being pressured to advise their commercial customers Best Practices in the management of risk and global cash.
This 3 day interactive workshop is designed for two audiences with congruent learning objectives:
- The workshop is designed to provide Corporate Treasury, Accounting and Finance professionals with current, practical knowledge of the essential elements of Treasury management in a best practices environment. They will learn practical ideas on how to transform their Treasury into a world class operation that operates with better control, improved efficiency at a reduced cost.
- The workshop will also provide commercial bankers in Treasury sales, product development, internal operations and marketing with an in-depth understanding of their customer’s world, Treasury Best Practice tools and techniques. They will learn how to walk the Treasury solution talk in order to better support client requirements.
Using case study methodology, computer simulations and worked examples to illustrate key points, the attendees will learn how to apply Best Practice tools and techniques in all areas of global Treasury management in order to improve control, optimize asset utilization, reduce cost and better leverage staff.
Latest New Hot Topics to be covered:
- Islamic Finance Best Practices & Future Trends in Treasury
- Managing Treasury in an Inflationary Environment
- Increasing Liquidity Velocity with Real Time Payments
- Managing Currency Volatility with Basket and Layered Hedges
- Cyber Risk in Treasury Operations
- Leading Edge Treasury Technology
This course is specially designed for:
The trainer, CTP is a US consultant in Treasury with expertise in global cash management, cash forecasting, treasury technology, investments, debt, foreign exchange and working capital management.
He is also a former Chairman of the AFP and has served on several of the associations’ committees. He holds a BA from University of Richmond, an MBA from Virginia Commonwealth University and the CTP certification from the AFP.
Prior to establishing his consultancy, the trainer held various senior positions in corporate Treasury including Assistant Treasurer at EDS Corp (a $22bn High Tech company with operations in 83 Countries), Director of Treasury at Fidelity Investments (a $14 bn revenue Mutual Fund company) and Assistant Treasurer at Holiday Inns (a $2bn hotel chain with operations in 103 countries).
Among many client projects, he has:
- Coordinated the establishment of a sovereign debt management system and cash management structure for a EM Country. The scope of the project included IMF, Bi-lateral and World Bank loans as well as the design and implementation of a national cash management system.
- Engaged by a $17 bn MNC with operations in 123 countries to coordinate a banking rationalization; implement SAP Treasury, a TWS and install SWIFT Net. Improved efficiency; reduced bank accounts; reduced bank fees; and improved cash control.
- Engaged by a PE firm on a $1bn “carve out” to establish Treasury: global cash, cash forecasting, foreign exchange, investments, debt and working capital. Engagement included a TWS, SWIFT Lite, policies, procedures, systems, banking infrastructure and staff training.
- For a $5 bn PE firm designed a Web based Treasury Best Practice survey as a timely, cost effective means to identify Foreign Exchange risk and cash inefficiency among 16 portfolio companies operative in 26 countries. Identified opportunity for a 35% improvement in daily cash availability and reduced risk by implementation of a formal FX program across all companies.
- Implemented a physical cash concentration structure, cash forecasting program, In-House bank, TWS, coordinated a Bank RFP and established a FX program for a $3 bn MNC resulting in: 25% reduction in daily surplus cash and 95% cash forecasting accuracy.
- Hired by a $22 bn MNC with operations in 83 countries with no formal cash management or FX programs. Led a staffing restructuring, designed physical cash concentration structure, implemented SWIFT Net, SAP Treasury, a TWS and a formal FX program. Reduced global staff from 17 to 9; 44% reduction in daily cash; improved control over FX exposures
- Designed and implemented a global cash management structure, Treasury work station and an In-house bank covering 83 countries that resulted in a $715 mm (44%) reduction in surplus cash, daily visibility of 94% of cash balances and 95% forecasting accuracy over 90 day horizons.
- Designed and implemented a global in-house bank concentration and foreign exchange system for a $1 bn process outsources company with operations in 8 countries. Engagement included policies, procedures, systems and a bank RFP implementation. Investable cash improved by 45%.
- Coordinated the implementation of a TWS, a Treasury Web Site and a Senior Management Dashboard in order to better leverage the delivery of Treasury tools and information. Within the first year the Web Sites enjoyed over 9,000 monthly hits.
The trainer has helped many notable organizations achieve improved performance through training and consulting advice. These include: