When organizations try to evaluate Shutdown objectives (finish on time, within budget, safely, with a fault free start up), they tend to analyze their performance too closely – so they don’t really know why they succeeded! If organizations fail to achieve one, some or all of their objectives hardly expose the underlying causes – so they don’t really find out why they failed. Attending the Advanced Turnaround Management Course will provide the opportunity to explore the underlying strategic mechanisms, levers and processes that shape a Turnaround, and will offer insights into why organizations sometimes succeed and sometimes fail. The course will also introduce new cutting edge concepts that can increase the chances of a smooth and efficient STO.
Due to current economic downturn, more and more companies are focusing on keeping the cost down while expecting their assets to run up to its critical limits. This will have a significant impact to the shutdown duration and increase downtime.
Delegates will be able to learn and rediscover latest industry best practices and techniques for STO. Other major areas of expertise that would be covered include:
- Ingrain critical Turnaround capabilities through Model of Excellence
- Building a framework for STO Success
- Provide a framework for effective Turnaround execution
- Improving cost management by utilizing the Rational Cost Model
- Demonstrate the latest Challenge planning approaches to Turnarounds