Most finance professionals in large companies are dissatisfied with budgets; they often believe too much time and resources are spent on this activity. Some even believe budgets may even be harmful to the organization, as managers engage more in game playing rather than maximizing shareholder returns. Many believe budgets don’t deliver all that they should and suspect there must be a better way. These thoughts and ideas have led to the development of new tools and techniques, some quite radical, even proposing the complete abandonment conventional budgets.
This programme introduces some of these ideas but also develops them so that delegates can identify some practical new approaches which they can realistically take back into their own businesses.
The programme also reviews emerging ideas and breakthroughs on managing and reducing costs without causing long-term damage to the business. It covers approaches to help organizations effectively delegate budgets and cost management responsibility to managers while still delivering long-term corporate strategy and customer value.
Salvo Global’s 3-day interactive masterclass uses a mixture of exercises, discussion and real-life case studies to keep the training lively, practical and relevant. It includes some of the latest research on good practice in budgeting and cost management.
Throughout the program, delegates will be encouraged to build an action plan, listing the positive action they are going to do when they get back to their business to make budgeting and cost management better.
• Develop dynamic rapid and on-going cost reduction and control management
• Implement strategies and tools and techniques to encourage and enable staff to improve cost management and control
• Learn and apply balanced scorecards and relative KPI’s to monitor budgeting and forecasting performance
• Integrate cost reduction into budgets and plans within the organization
• Build more effective budgeting and forecasting at all times and not only during challenging times
• Utilize the toolbox- practical tools and templates to impact cost management performance straight away at your workplace
• Utilize an effective budgeting approach with rolling forecast for improved decision making
• Initiate effective cost management culture and reduction culture in your organization
• Master modern costing techniques for advanced budgeting
• Apply qualitative and quantitative forecasting tools and techniques to evaluate and stay ahead of potential financial risks affecting the organization
This course is designed for Managers, Supervisors, General Managers, Heads, Team Leaders, Vice Presidents, Directors, CFO’s and Coordinators of:
The trainer is a finance training consultant – over the last 30 years, he has delivered engaging and interactive programmes for a wide range of organizations across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. He has even delivered finance training in the Buckingham Place.
After he started his career in accountancy and working in industry, the trainer became a lecturer at a UK university before moving into a career in consultancy, specializing in financial and management training and coaching. He delivers training and consults widely with major organizations internationally in Europe, Middle East and Asia. He has led training events for one person through to over one hundred. He has worked with hundreds of major “Blue Chip” organisations and trained thousands of managers at every level. He also provides confidential coaching to directors and senior executives on a one-to-one basis. He has also worked as a specialist consultant to all of the major UK professional accountancy bodies and a number of leading universities in both the UK and China.
The trainer’s training style is involving and participative using case studies to reinforce learning. He makes the programmes interesting and practical, and makes sure delegates are able to put into practice what they have learned on their programme.
He holds an honors degree from the University of Bradford Business School and is a qualified management accountant; he is an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (ACMA).
The trainer has helped many notable organizations achieve improved performance through training and consulting advice. These include: